Monday, July 17, 2006

New Scrapbooking Video - Page Design

I'm just starting to write a mini-course on scrapbooking ideas. It will be free, and available when I've got my website up and running. So far I've made 3 videos to show how I design pages in scrapbook albums, and also to pass on important tips that I've learned over the years.

Here's the video from the first 'lesson' showing how I'm going to construct an album, have the pages opening nicely, allow for it getting thicker and decide on margins.

Unlike many people (or at least, people who haven't had the concept explained to them) I believe that margins are important.

Normal printed books have margins around the text for a good reason. It makes your eyes focus on what's important, gives the subject matter more impact and it's easier on the eyes.

Of course, there are occasions when we can choose to break the rules, but it's good to know what works best for most of the time.

Anyway, here's the video.

Click here to watch

I hope you'll return to this blog and also sign up for the free mini-course. I'll let you know when it's available.

Pet


technorati tags:, , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pet I am loving what you are doing here! Can not wait for the site to come up..... Feel free to check out my work as well. www.thescrapdiva.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home