Friday, July 07, 2006

Scrapbook Title Letters

Hey, it works - I can do pictures for you - well snippets anyway. I'll work on big pages later. Scrapbooking and blogs are fun!

This is just an idea for a title.

I ruled lines on black card using a pencil and drew some hollow letters. It was easy to make these lines of writing end up at the same place. I wrote the words out roughly on a scrap piece of paper first so I knew how much space they were likely to take up. As the lines were nearly the same length I knew they had to end up perfectly alligned, so on the second one I wrote 'pic' first, then matched up the 'c' of nic under the y and worked backwards, then finally added the hyphen.

The coloring was done with gel-pens. I'm not sure how long the ink will last, but I'm sure it'll be for a long time.

This design only works because there is very little black left in the spaces between letters. The texture is actually made up of little clockwise and anti-clockwise spirals, with the letter outline color matching the texture color.

Cheers for now,

Pet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home