Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Scrapbook Size

I like to make my own scrapbooks, both full size and mini-books.

When I design scrapbooking pages I always try to create margins that help the pages look good.

Here's one recipe I use a lot:

"A good, pleasing, starting point is for the book to be rectangular when closed, with the long side : short side in the ratio of 4 : 3.

Traditional proportions are calculated in 1/16ths of the longest side. For a book with pages in the 4 : 3 ratio, these have been 2/16ths at the top, 4/16ths at the bottom, 3/16ths at the outer sides and 1½ /16ths for margins either side of the fold.


If the page dimensions are closer to 2 : 3, the margins may look better with proportions around 1/16th of the longest side for each inner margin, 2/16ths for the fore-edge (front edge parallel to the crease), 1½ /16ths on the top and 3/16ths on the bottom.

Of course, these are just a guide, and you can choose whatever proportions you like best. Many people decrease the size of the inner margins in particular."

...But I also like to create square mini-books and all kinds of shapes and sizes.

Right now I'm working on a triangular book idea. It will lay flat but open up to make a pyramid.

Have fun,

Pet

PS Please add this blog to your feed reader:

http://best-scrapbooking-ideas.blogspot/atom.xml

technorati tags:, , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home